At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organisation.
Our transportation services include cars, scooters, bikes and transit and thus we need to solve many different use cases including
- navigating through a congested city safely and swiftly;
- organising a shared ride involving picking up two different passengers with a car;
- finding the closest scooter; and
- helping our customers make the right choice between a train ride or a bike when they are late.
These and many other challenges require a digital representation of the physical world, a map with all routing related (real-time) information. The Mapping organisation at Lyft has already invested heavily in building up Lyft’s mapping assets by using a data-driven and machine learning based technology stack. Using different data sources from millions of rides enables us to answer the above questions in real-time.
To strengthen our efforts, we are hiring a Software Machine Learning Engineer who will build machine learning based data pipelines and release new and powerful mapping experiences for Lyft’s users.
You will collaborate with engineering, product, data science, analytics, and operations on projects that empower us to iterate quickly, delighting our passengers and drivers with real-time information about traffic, events, weather, etc.
- Work on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to provide the best mapping experience possible
- Build and production machine learning based pipelines to help predict ETAs and to find the most efficient routes
- Help establish technical roadmaps and architectures based on technology and our business needs
- Build tools and dashboards to provide visibility to other teams
- In-depth knowledge of classical machine learning algorithms (SVM, Random Forest, Naive Bayes, KNN, etc.).
- Extensive experience with ML modeling frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Extensive experience in one of Python / Go / C++
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to uplift others and work effectively with a diverse group of talented engineers in different locations (Munich, Minsk, Kyiv, Seattle, San Francisco, New York)
- Nice-to-have: 2+ years of professional software engineering / machine learning experience
- Nice-to-have: experience building end-to-end data systems
- Nice-to-have: experience working with cloud data processing technologies (Spark, Presto, etc.)
- Nice-to-have: familiarity with GPU computing
- Pension scheme with 4% employer contribution
- Risk and Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefits
- Mental health benefits
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- 30 days for paid time off
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your Recruiter if you wish to make such a request.