At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Lyft Live Events Broadcast Engineer & Production Technician is inherently a hybrid role with equal parts priority in running live streaming broadcasts and events (remotely and in-office), and producing quality video content for both internal and external distribution. You will be part of a team that helps deliver company-wide communications using our in-house technologies.
You have a sense of complete ownership for a project, but also understand that your success is a team effort throughout. Everyone’s input is extremely valuable to make the department better every day, but the team moves quickly and individuals with strong opinions are expected to disagree and commit in service of the bigger picture. You are also comfortable with being flexible and are ready to pivot in a fast-paced environment with multiple changes of plans and tight timelines. At the same time, with this role, your communication skills with creatives, executives, and guests will represent Lyft’s culture of empathy and inclusivity, with the ultimate purpose of delivering the best experience possible for our customers.
When not actively engaged in Live and Video Productions, you will also be responsible for maintaining the equipment regularly to ensure consistent functionality and minimize downtime due to technical issues. While not frequent, you may be asked for assistance from other AV team members outside of the Events and Production team. You will keep technology and processes documentation up to date and assist with system design and equipment specifications as needed. With this role, you should also have a desire to grow at Lyft as well as train and educate new joining team members and interns.
- Run live broadcasting events remotely and in-office, and be able to move between audio, video, and graphics operator roles
- Strong knowledge of processes in video pre-, production, and post-production, as well as understanding budgets and staying within them. As well as working knowledge of software and hardware equipment at each stage
- Assist other team members whenever needed
- Maintenance and upkeep of live and video production equipment, as well a cleanliness of AV control booths
- Highly proficient in identifying and resolving operational errors, with strong experience in signal routing, monitoring, and quality assurance
- Superior communication skills, with an ability to summarize and share relevant information in a clear and easy-to-understand way, across all levels. You skillfully communicate with creatives and executives to develop trust and strong partnerships
- Commitment to a collaborative environment, and ability to take constructive criticism
- Track record delivering high-quality results, with minimal direction, in an environment where expectations are high and timelines are challenging. You multi-task and establish priorities, including daily re-prioritization, and don’t need to be reminded to follow-up and follow-through
- Act with a sense or urgency and quickly respond to emails, texts, and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues
- Equipment and Process documentation upkeep
- 3+ years’ experience as a broadcast, video, or live event engineer in production environments (e.g., studios, live sound/video, or post production facilities)
- Experience operating LEDs, image processors, and other screening room technology to showcase content (e.g. movies, television shows, and Keynote presentations) in critical viewing environments
- Hands-on experience with content creation and post production workflows, including knowledge of common recording and playback formats and standards for audio and video. Editing skills in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite preferred, and being able to switch between Windows and MacOS environments
- Experience with support ticketing systems (Jira, Zendesk, Cherwell)
- Working knowledge of Google Workplace Apps and Meet Video Conferencing, as well as its integration with streaming technologies and presentation spaces/conference rooms
- Working knowledge of video streaming platforms. (IBM Video Streaming, Kaltura, Qumu, etc.) and technologies such as hardware (Epiphan, Blackmagic Design, etc.) and software (e.g., XSplit, OBS,) streaming encoders
- Experience within a broadcast environment - utilizing software/hardware encoders, administrating CDNs, and vendor relations.
- Well-rounded production experience with ability to assist in different areas (e.g. prior experience as an audio engineer, lighting technician, camera operator, editor, or other operator roles). Experience with Yamaha Dante-enabled audio mixers, Panasonic or Blackmagic Design Video Switchers, PTZ cameras, and Crestron control interfaces is a plus
- If available, a demo reel of your video and/or audio work is strongly recommended
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.