At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft is the national leader in micro-mobility (aka two wheeled rides). We own and/or operate in New York (Citi Bike, the largest bike network outside China), Chicago (Divvy), San Francisco (Bay Wheels), Portland (Biketown), Boston (BlueBikes), DC (Capital Bikeshare), and Minneapolis (Nice Ride). We also provide scooter service in those, as well as Los Angeles, Miami, Denver, and other major cities across the country. Our active fleet includes state-of-the-art Lyft-designed electric bikes and scooters, serving tens of millions of rides per year.
We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward best in class products and teams. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation.
As Product Manager responsible for Rider Pricing, you will design and set the prices riders pay for each of their bike, ebike, and scooter rides across the nation. You will also own Bike Angels, our incentive reward program. You'll grow the size, engagement, and impact of Angels to produce self-rebalancing networks at scale. You will use pricing, incentive, and rider experience levers to eliminate the hard problems of improper parking, ebike or dock unavailability, and unsafe riding. If you enjoy behavioral economics in large-scale networks, delighting bike and scooter riders, and creating sustainable businesses, this is the role for you.
- Understand Lyft's strategic and competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies.
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance.
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, local operations and market team, other business partners to drive a shared vision.
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Experience in product management, product design or equivalent consultant experience.
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation.
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem.
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences.
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies.
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders.
- Detail orientated with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.