At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring for its growing Regulatory Compliance team. If you want to help Lyft change the transportation industry and enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems, this team is for you!
As a Compliance Data Analyst,, you will develop a deep understanding of the processes Lyft has in place necessary to meet its regulatory obligations around the country. You will be a key member of the Audit and Analytics team responsible for hunting out any gaps in our processes and helping the Compliance team find solutions to plug those gaps. You will work hand in hand with our Compliance and Data Analytics teams to perform audits, document processes, and be responsive to data requests from regulators. In this role, you will report into the Manager, Compliance Analytics.
- Partner with cross functional teams including Compliance, Product Management, Science, Engineering, Finance and Operations to design a robust reporting and analytics system
- Define metrics and produce accurate reports and data analysis in a timely manner to meet contractual and compliance requirements
- Collaborate with the Compliance team and others to continuously improve our reporting processes to make us faster, leaner, and more accurate
- Work with the data team to obtain data that meets the needs of Compliance and analyze the business impact of compliance obligations
- Support Compliance team in internal and external auditing data requests
- Assist the Compliance Auditor to identify trends in the data reporting, in order to preemptively improve our compliance systems and processes
- Develop analytical frameworks through automation to proactively monitor data reporting solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics or similar required (masters degree is a plus)
- 3+ years of relevant experience:
- Candidate should be a SQL expert; must be able to optimize queries and join datasets efficiently
- Proficiency in advanced SQL using Presto/Hive - able to write structured, complex and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience with Python/R or other statistical programming language
- Knowledge of ETL concepts and data warehousing procedures, knowledge of Airflow
- Knowledge of Tableau or any other data analysis dashboard is preferred
- Ability to analyze and quickly understand processes in order to appropriately determine whether objectives and goals have been met
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Drive to provide accurate results as quickly as possible and continuously iterate
- Passion for Lyft and the ridesharing community
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.