At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft Security builds systems to protect and defend infrastructure. We consult with teams as they build and launch new products and features, proactively plans for the unexpected, and responds to incidents that occur. Our work has company wide impact and takes place at all levels of the stack, from infrastructure to web application security, as well as mobile apps, IT, bikes, scooters, and autonomous vehicles. We believe in scaling security through engineering fundamentals, automation, and tooling. Check out our blog posts at https://eng.lyft.com/tagged/security to learn more about some of the things we’ve built.
Detection Engineering owns ingestion of security related events, identification of anomalies, and produces insights to stakeholders across the business.
- Help establish roadmap and architecture based on technology and our needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and promoting appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Unblock, support and communicate with internal partners to achieve results
- 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with modern programing languages (e.g., Python, Java, Go) and distributed systems
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL (e.g., DynamoDB, Redis, Hive, etc.)
- Write clear, scalable and clear design documentation
- Design, build and improve a set of team owned components
- Partner with teams across Lyft on organizational security initiatives
- Nice to have: Experience building security related systems, streaming compute, or data analytics
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.