At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial and passionate Product Managers to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast paced company and industry.
Drivers are fundamental to the Lyft marketplace and product experience. The mission of the Planning & Positioning team is to help drivers maximize their earnings by providing trustworthy information and tools that help them decide when and where to drive. To accomplish this mission the Planning & Positioning PM will develop:
- Planning tools to help drivers identify the best times and places to drive
- Real-time indicators of earnings potential
- Products to surface bonuses that drivers are eligible for
The Planning & Positioning PM should be particularly interested in understanding how transparent information can motivate behavior, how our supply needs vary across market and time of day, and how to build scalable, dynamic products.
This individual possesses a high level of product development experience and has experience working in deep product domains - using data and experimentation to guide a large cross-functional team towards a long term vision. This Product Manager will ensure we’re solving the needs of our customers and driving business impact by becoming the go-to leader for multiple cross-functional teams. This Product Manager should be very detail-oriented, while also seeing around corners to build for future growth. This Product Manager should be comfortable working in complex, fast-paced organizations - aligning multiple development and cross-functional teams to a single vision.
- Understand Lyft's strategic and competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies.
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Minimum of 5+ years of product management experience
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation.
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Ability to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Experience running A/B tests and using common statistical techniques to evaluate results. Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail orientated with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal capolicy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.