At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Data is at the heart of how Lyft makes business and product decisions. We’re looking for a Data Analytics Manager to work alongside the Regulatory Compliance team. You’ll be working in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the world’s best transportation.
You will lead and manage a team of technical Data Analysts in delivering a high-quality reporting and analytics product. You will be a hands-on manager working on creating a data analytics and reporting framework for the team, providing technical mentorship and advice to the team. You will dig into Lyft data platform to plan and design a compliance data framework, work with engineering and other cross functional partners to devise a solution for automation and a robust analytics framework and perform data driven proactive business analysis for the compliance team.
You must have a strong background in performing hands-on data analytics and reporting, think strategically, and be able to make challenging judgment calls. You will work with multiple cross-functional stakeholders and influence all aspects of how Lyft complies with regulatory data sharing requirements. You will be highly customer-focused, obsessed with data integrity and accuracy, with a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. The Data Analytics Manager will also be a strong quality advocate with a good planning and optimization mindset. You will report directly to the Senior Manager - Compliance Analytics & Auditing.
- Recruit, train, develop and mentor a team of Data Analysts to deliver high-quality, innovative solutions for Compliance Reporting and Analytics.
- Hands-on role with overseeing the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Partner with cross functional teams including compliance, legal, product managers, scientists, engineers, finance and operations to design a robust analytics framework and reporting system.
- Analyze, identify, and prioritize key areas of risk and opportunity for regulatory compliance team
- Proactively define technical processes around data analysis and reporting functions to ensure accuracy and quality of delivery, to improve efficiency through optimization and to address any business issues, team performance and transparency.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Lead internal and cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Develop reusable Extract Transform Load (ETL) automation framework
- Develop complex PL/SQL & SQL scripts using Presto, Hive and SQL Developer tools as part of reporting and analytics framework
- Use Python to streamline large datasets, create and manage data structures
- Use deep experience of Tableau to create and maintain efficient Tableau dashboards
- Provide technical guidance to the team and develop data standards and reporting best practices
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS
- 3+ years of people leadership experience within Data Analytics team
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Data Analytics, Data Modelling and ETL
- 4+ years of working experience and proficiency in advanced SQL - able to write structured, complex and efficient queries on large data sets and create
- Proficiency in Python and Tableau to manipulate data sets
- Proficiency in advanced SQL, Presto, Hive, RDBMS, ETL and Data Modelling
- Experience using statistical method in advanced analytics
- Experience working with GSuite and Jira
- Project management experience working in both waterfall and agile methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Proven ability to effectively manage high-visibility, concurrent and cross-functional aspects of initiatives under demanding deadlines
- Drive to provide accurate results as quickly as possible and continuously iterate
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.