At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level 5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
As a Technical Fleet Operations Manager, you’ll play a crucial role in leading a team responsible for building and maintaining our Autonomous Vehicles with high quality and safety.
We are looking for a process driven leader who can operate in a fast-paced environment while leveraging your leadership and technical abilities to solve complex problems.
- Ensuring that the AV fleet is operating at its maximum capacity on a daily basis
- Build and manage a team that is responsible for maintaining the AV fleet
- Collaborate with R&D Ops Safety Driving team to ensure AV fleet is mission ready
- Streamline daily operational workflow, dispatch work based on priorities and resources
- Manage sensor calibration maintenance and process for our AV fleet
- Manage all fleet preventative maintenance and compliance
- Work closely with facilities, EH&S, and construction teams to ensure the highest usefulness of our lab and vehicle spaces
- Lead team meetings and have the ability to speak coherently and concise to leadership
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to improve the performance and safety of our technology
- Make extensive use of JIRA to facilitate project management, track engineering and technical progress, and flag at-risk items in the overall project plan
- Occasionally deep-dive into vehicle technical items to aid engineering team in failure/root-cause analysis, end-to-end performance verification, and overall system integration
- Organize and guide numerous cross-functional teams (both inside and outside of the engineering org.) to ensure that all parties are in clear communication about requirements and execution plans/status
- Create and manage standardized work procedures
- Record work through excellent documentation practices
- BA/BS or 10 years of experience in similar field in lieu of a degree
- 4 years of direct management experience in leading small to medium sized teams of 5-50 people.
- 3 years of direct experience of working with Technicians and Engineering teams.
- Experience managing budgets of 1M+
- Experience creating and maintaining team plans, and OKRs
- Diagnostic troubleshooting/experience with automotive or engineering systems
- Experience working with Autonomous and/or HV/hybrid systems
- Process driven/Lean Manufacturing Background
- Experience working in a technology startup environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.