At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft Bikes & Scooters is the operator of Nice Ride, the Minneapolis area’s bike share system, and Lyft scooters. We’re looking for a hands-on Operations Manager who wants to continue the micromobility revolution by owning operations planning and execution for both Lyft’s bikes and scooters in Minneapolis.
As the Operations Manager, you will develop and execute operations plans with a consistent eye towards service quality, operational excellence, and the overall customer experience. You will report to the General Manager and work together to shape the vision and implementation of the Bikes and Scooters systems, as well as any new products Lyft Bikes & Scooters may roll out in the Minneapolis market. You will also contribute to success and learnings in other markets by developing operations playbooks, organizational capabilities, and advising with on-the-ground execution.
If you share our vision for active transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Support the General Manager in maintaining relationships with our city partners and addressing market-specific issues
- Oversee daily operations for Lyft Scooters
- Work closely with our Nice Ride Bike operations service providers to ensure they are hitting performance targets, adhering to standard operating procedures, and implementing best management practices
- Plan day-to-day and special events operations strategies for Nice Ride and Lyft Scooters
- Plan the launch strategy for any new products Lyft Transit, Bikes & Scooters brings to the Minneapolis market
- Create playbooks, metrics, and contingency plans to govern day-to-day operations
- Synthesize market feedback and recommendations for HQ business, product, and engineering teams
- Build, maintain, and monitor reports, dashboards, and metrics to evaluate performance
- Hire, manage and schedule shifts for the launch team of field managers, operations associates, and mechanics as required by our product launch strategy
- Up to 50% travel to Chicago and other markets, as needed to collaborate, learn best practices and share insights
- 5+ years of operations or strategy experience
- Quantitative by nature and strongly focused on process improvement; comfort with spreadsheets and data analysis
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Experience scaling an organization and managing people
- Experience managing and working with team-members possessing a wide variety of skills and roles
- Experience working cross-functionally across large organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.