At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a Regional Director to revolutionize transportation in the New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Delaware regions and take the reins in one of our largest, most complex, and strategic markets. This leader will be based in our Frankford (Philadelphia) office leading large teams executing against operational strategies and will report to the VP, East.
Luckily, you’ll have a phenomenal team behind you. You will work closely with many of Lyft’s cross-functional subject matter experts in product, engagement, online acquisition, brand, and more. The bar is already extremely high, but we raise it an extra notch to find someone who shares Lyft’s vision of improving people's lives with the world's best transportation. We are passionate about defining Lyft as the ground transportation partner of choice, ruthless about our results, and value our diversity, inclusion, and having fun.
- Lead and execute on large key strategic initiatives, working cross-functionally to drive business performance and hit OKRs.
- Scale and develop high-performing, diverse teams (25+) across service, local operations,vehicle service, mobile service and key partnerships.
- Support the public relations and public policy teams by representing Lyft locally.
- Navigate the regulatory landscape - negotiate, problem solve, and operationalize to ensure Lyft can continue to grow.
- Synthesize market feedback for broader operations, product, marketing, customer experience, and other business unit teams
- 10 years of senior strategic operating experience in a fast-growth environment
- A strategic thinker and business builder who is able to drive a P&L from both a big picture and operations perspective
- Experienced in leading, resourcing, and building large-scale teams in the field - experience managing hourly/non-exempt workers in operations or service teams preferred
- Experience inspiring a team that is aligned with extremely cross-functional stakeholders. Skillfully scaling a operations organization into an efficient and effective team; demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring and retaining a high-performing team
- Operational and data-driven mindset, obsessed with eliminating wastes and creating efficiencies
- Entrepreneurial spirit or previous experience in early startups. You think outside of the box and are resourceful and fiscally responsible
- Highly collaborative with the proven ability to manage large scale projects and influence cross-functionally
- Comfortable leading within matrixed organizations, pulling in thought leaders from both internal and external resources to foster knowledge and expertise for their teams
- Experience working in local PA/NJ/DE government or with local/provincial regulators
- Experience working as part of a field team managing multiple locations
- Personal passion for community motivated to inspire others by a deep connection to Lyft’s mission and core values
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.