At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on Operations Specialist to help supervise operations associates, drivers, and mechanics on the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in Santa Monica. You will report to an Operations Manager and work together to assure reliability and availability of our scooter and bike fleet, as well as overall operational excellence for the program. This job is based in our Santa Monica warehouse. This role works a variable schedule primarily overnight, but will include some days, weekends, and holidays.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Manage daily operations of our central warehouse and maintenance facility in Santa Monica, CA
- Oversee, dispatch, and route field associates to pickup, deploy, and reposition the bike and scooter fleets
- Data analysis experience, able to dissect business issues, analyze large amounts of data, and draw actionable conclusions.
- Build new, operational processes and refine playbooks to govern day-to-day operations
- Entrepreneurial self-starter - you naturally take ownership, look for opportunities, and do whatever it takes to drive results
- Oversee and coordinate workflows of operations associates, drivers, and mechanics working in the facility or field
- Perform supplemental work in one or more ownership categories assigned to you
- Occasionally perform physical tasks including moving, charging, and maintaining bikes and scooters
- Experience supervising teams in a complex, fast-moving, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed including working nights, weekends, holidays, and shift-based schedules
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Obsessed with process improvement
- Strong team player but comfortable making decisions independently
- Detail-oriented and able to think creatively and critically
- Experience with Excel or Google Sheets strongly preferred
- Proficiency with SQL a PLUS
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time preferred
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and OSHA experience is a plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.