At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft’s Fleet business is responsible for the strategic investments that pave the road for Lyft to operate fleets of the future at scale and with hyper-efficiency. We are currently operating one of the largest vehicle fleets in the US through our platform under the Express Drive and Lyft Rentals programs.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to join the Fleet Platform team. Fleet Platform’s charter is to build a World class fleet management software that improves the decision making and maximization for the fleet lifetime value, and to invest in the foundations of our connected car strategy.
The product leader in this role is expected to bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to define our strategy and lead our execution in this highly cross-functional technological area. The product leader of the Fleet Platform team is going to be a key strategic partner to the leadership of the Fleet business. We expect this product leader to have strong platform and systems experience, along with an eye towards consumer grade user experience. We also expect this leader to be ready for rolling up the sleeves and directly working with the broader team in addition to owning the vision and strategy for the area.
- Define the vision and the strategy for the fleet platform and fleet tooling, including the future commercialization of a fleet management product suite
- Define and create platform capabilities that bring innovation to core fleet management through integrated car telematics, predictive modeling, vehicle lifecycle management and an industry-defining fleet management toolset
- Identify partnership opportunities across the company to expand the platform services for a Lyft-wide adoption
- Partner with peers leading other Fleet product teams (e.g., Express Drive, Lyft Rentals, Driver Centers) to identify the opportunities to innovate in vehicle access and service programs
- Identify key opportunities to help the operations team scale and run Lyft’s vehicle fleet with hyper efficiency
- Create core services that address company-wide shared use cases upon which Lyft can rapidly construct new product offerings and revenue streams
- Build and manage a high performing and innovative product team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a technical field is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in building platforms, tooling and systems for highly complex domains
- 5+ years of people management experience, leading high performing product teams
- High analytical and technical acumen along with strong business sense that guides ROI based prioritization
- Enjoy working on deeply technical products with significant scale expectations and a passionate engineering team
- Experience in leading products with a diverse set of stakeholders and customers, ideally including operations teams
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively to resolve difficult situations with a proven record of follow-through on assigned tasks
- Strong cross-functional relationship building with high empathy to understand the needs of other businesses and priorities
- Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and clearly communicate with different audiences
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
- Active participant in defining workplace culture, product manager pathways and organizational design
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.