At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level 5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we’re moving at an incredible pace: we’re currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
The Lyft Level5 autonomous map team works closely with the Planning and Perception teams to build a hybrid system to solve the autonomous driving problem. We build high definition maps using state-of-the-art algorithms in computer vision, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), combined with powerful tools that leverage human intelligence.
- Work on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to problems in the self-driving space
- Work with computer vision and machine learning engineers to process data for Level 5’s autonomous vehicles
- Build and deploy production-quality services that can serve hundreds of requests per second
- Work on distributed systems that process and transform large quantities of data
- Create resilient and scalable infrastructure that enables rapid iteration of map builds
- Build tools and dashboards to provide visibility to other teams
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Extensive experience in one of Python / C++
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing using AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to uplift others and work effectively with a diverse group of talented engineers in different locations (Munich, London, Palo Alto)
- Nice-to-have: Experience building distributed data pipelines
- Nice-to-have: Experience building microservice-based architecture
- Pension scheme with 4% employer contribution
- Risk and Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefits
- Mental health benefits
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- 30 days for paid time off in addition to 10 observed holidays
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your Recruiter if you wish to make such a request.