At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a bright, energetic, and self-motivated Regulatory Compliance Specialist with at least 2 years of paralegal or regulatory compliance experience. The Compliance Team is responsible for understanding, communicating, and fulfilling Lyft’s legal requirements. As a Regulatory Compliance Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring Lyft’s licensing processes run smoothly and efficiently across various lines of business. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and comfortable working in an ambiguous, quickly-changing and fast-paced environment. You will report directly to the Senior Counsel, Regulatory Compliance.
- Prepare and manage files and documents, including initial and renewal license applications, to ensure that Lyft’s compliance requirements are met with regard to multiple lines of business
- Help determine which licenses Lyft must obtain before launching a business line in a new market
- Ensure that all of Lyft’s licenses and permits are valid, up to date, and timely renewed
- Oversee the maintenance of compliance records and data
- Liaise with other teams within the Company and external parties regarding licensing matters
- Assist team members with issues, questions and research related to licensing and other compliance issues
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years relevant paralegal or compliance experience
- Proficiency working in a Mac environment, and specifically with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.), Excel, Adobe Acrobat and Word
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving workplace
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage complex workloads, multiple client demands, and shifting priorities
- Be a resourceful self-starter and have a passion for results. Embody Lyft’s culture, and operate with high standards and ethics
- An understanding of the transportation and ridesharing industries, as well as the sharing economy in general
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.