At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking an experienced Public Affairs Manager to join the dynamic and fast-paced Public Policy team. Serving as an in-house messaging expert on public policy issues, as it relates to road safety, in-the-car safety and health safety, the Public Affairs Manager, Safety will be responsible for developing compelling messaging on key Lyft issues and driving safety initiatives that engage and influence policy stakeholders. The Public Affairs Manager, Safety will work cross-functionally to best position Lyft on safety policy and regulatory issues.
- Advise on the creation of public facing influence initiatives and activities that advance the aims and objectives of the Public Policy team.
- Conduct polling research on public policy and regulatory issues related to safety.
- Develop, execute, manage and report on paid media strategies that support public policy goals.
- Create new channels, including digital channels, to distribute messaging and ensure accurate targeting of key audiences.
- Provide internal communications and briefings to relevant business functions.
- Will draft and approve numerous written communications daily under a high pressure fast paced environment.
- Manage public affairs consultants to drive impactful initiatives.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or 5-7 years of relevant experience working in communications, public affairs, or public opinion research in a safety related field.
- 5-7 years proven experience advocating for a candidate, cause, or issue.
- Demonstrated experience leading public-facing initiatives involving the development of strategy and tactics as well as execution.
- Creative thinker with strong analytical and organization skills, ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the representation of Lyft.
- Lyft user/believer.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.