At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
As a Senior Tax Analyst, you will report to the Tax Manager and focus on sales/use and indirect taxes in a complex multi-state environment. You will collaborate with key departments across the organization, including Accounts Payable, Payroll, Finance, Regulatory Compliance, Product, and Legal. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing, fast paced team that is working on new and innovative projects.
- Team with the senior tax technology analyst to streamline and diagram the tax compliance processes for tax reporting
- Manage indirect tax compliance cycle. Prepare and review tax returns workpapers.
- Timely file monthly, quarterly, and annual indirect tax returns including TNC taxes/fees, sales/use, and business license in multiple state and local US/Canada jurisdictions
- Perform monthly tax related journal entries and reconciliations for indirect tax accounts
- Assist with tax research and documentation related to compliance positions
- Ensure SOX procedures are followed and documented for purposes of annual and interim reporting
- Support multi-state tax audits, including data collection for timely responses to information requests
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Tax or related field or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of Accounting and/or Sales/Use/Indirect Tax experience; tax experience at Big 4 preferred
- Technical knowledge of tax law and its application
- Experience managing tight deadlines on multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction from management while exhibiting good judgement for when to team with others to accomplish objectives and deadlines
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong accounting research and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Strong quantitative analytical skills – must have significant experience in Microsoft Excel (e.g. vlookup, pivot tables, etc) and Google applications;
- NetSuite and/or Oracle experience is a strong plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.