At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring a Counsel, Healthcare Compliance to join its expanding Compliance team in Legal. Do you have a background in healthcare, Medicaid and Medicare law, and want to use that expertise to advise a fast-growing business on complex regulatory issues? Are you creative and like to think on your feet? Do you want to help change the transportation industry? If so, then this role is for you.
You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of Lyft’s regulatory obligations in various markets as they relate to non-emergency medical transportation, and providing the necessary guidance throughout the organization to implement those regulations. You will interact with regulators to discuss, clarify or negotiate on matters reflecting Lyft’s business objectives. You will also manage Lyft’s ongoing obligations to comply with healthcare laws and regulations including Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, HIPAA, Medicare and Medicaid regulations. This role will report to the Director of Healthcare Compliance.
- Interprets and analyzes laws and regulations from state Medicaid agencies, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS Office for Civil Rights, and Medicare Advantage Plans governing Lyft’s operations in this space. Provides strategic advice and guidance on implementing those laws and regs, working closely with the product, communications, sales and operations teams
- Works closely with regulators in various jurisdictions to negotiate for favorable outcomes to compliance matters that support the company’s business objectives. Maintains ongoing positive relationship with regulators
- Works with Information Security and Privacy to educate workforce and maintain compliance with HIPAA
- Works closely with legal and government relations to draft correspondence, comments, and position papers touching upon Lyft compliance matters
- Administers licensure and application processes including provider enrollments in Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Managed Medicaid Plans as required
- Meets corporate compliance objectives by performing compliance risk assessments, identifying compliance gaps, and assisting with the development of corrective action plans as needed
- Works closely with legal and government relations to recommend public policy strategies and operational impacts in the healthcare business
- Keeps management, operational, and marketing stakeholders informed of healthcare compliance issues
- 6+ years of legal and compliance experience focusing on healthcare laws and regulations at a mid to large size law firm, government regulatory agency, or in-house at a healthcare provider or health insurance plan, with a J.D. from a top law school
- Working with regulators and/or working at a start-up is not required, but preferred
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, and interpersonal skills. Strong oral advocacy and presentation skills
- Experience providing guidance on compliance requirements for a fast growing businesses on healthcare-related regulatory issues and putting systems into place to meet those requirements
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and with upper management to achieve compliance objectives with support from internal business partners
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.