At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an experienced writer to support our communications efforts. This person will sit on Lyft’s Communications team, writing and editing content for use in internal and external communications initiatives, including: executive speeches, thought leadership pieces, op-eds, blog posts, media statements, company-wide announcements, etc. This person is not only a creative storyteller, but is also comfortable quickly synthesizing complex information into clear and accessible writing.
- Serve as the lead writer and/or editor for Lyft’s internal and external communications initiatives
- Draft and/or edit executive speeches, thought leadership pieces, op-eds, blog posts, media statements, company-wide announcements, etc.
- Translate vision, business objectives, company performance, and management philosophy into written materials that serve to educate drivers, riders, partners, opinion leaders, regulators, and our own team members
- Serve as an internal project manager on editorial efforts, partnering with Communications team members and cross-functional partners
- Leverage internal and external relationships to gather information and synthesize it into a strong story
- Write in a non-technical, clear, compelling, accurate, and authentic way about a broad range of issues related to Lyft and the ridesharing industry
- Comfortably communicate about both policy issues and corporate business issues
- Perform independent research and verify facts on tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of relevant experience in executive communications, journalism or speechwriting
- Rock-solid writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, independently motivated
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail while seeing the big picture
- Comfortable with tight deadlines, often concurrent, for several projects
- A team player with an ability to deal with the ambiguity that can come from working with many teams
- Lyft user/believer
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.