At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a Content Strategist for its Public Affairs team within the Public Engagement organization. Reporting to the Public Affairs Director, this individual will specialize in crafting messaging and storytelling around Lyft’s policy goals related to providing economic opportunities for millions of drivers and safe, affordable riders to tens of millions of passengers. In addition, this person will be essential in telling the story of Lyft’s commitment to social impact through its UpLyft social impact programs.
The Content Strategist will help develop the Public Affairs team’s digital content strategy, particularly as it relates to social media and digital strategy. The Content Strategist will help design and execute digital content programs across the country, helping to build an online community that is inclusive, relational and creative.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative content strategist with significant experience and expertise in developing and driving a consistent message across digital platforms. They will work closely with Lyft’s Communications and Marketing teams and will thrive in a cross-functional collaborative work setting.
- Create dynamic, engaging social media content to elevate Lyft’s public policy messaging
- Establish a clear approach for defining and growing digital audiences and engagement
- Collaborate with internal creative teams and vendors to craft messaging strategy and content at national, state and local levels
- Lending critical expertise to the execution of all public engagement digital advertising campaigns, including working with vendors and stakeholders to craft the strategy, build media plans and track progress
- Utilize digital analytics and intelligence to better understand the public conversation
- At least 5+ years experience in social media and content development with some real experience with digital analytics and intelligence tools
- Ability to create and promote a message on social media and digital channels as well as write briefings, fact sheets, Q&A documents, etc.
- Understanding of digital intelligence, specifically with experience using an enterprise-level monitoring tool to track online sentiment, share of voice and impact
- Experience in creating an online community and using technology tools to push an authentic message to a diverse set of constituents
- Knowledge and experience with email and SMS communications, especially incorporating two-way, engaging digital dialogue
- Experience with digital advertising, especially around content creation and dynamic reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.