Blue Vision Labs UK Limited registered at 114-116 Curtain Road, London, United Kingdom EC2A 3AH (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is the data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and the Data Protection Act 2018. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which we process any personal data that you provide to us through the candidate portal (the “Portal”) and other data we receive from you or third parties (such as referees) in connection with your job application or at recruiting events. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your data and how we will treat it. By using our Portal, you acknowledge and agree to the practices described in this Notice. If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice, please contact the following (the “Data Privacy Contact”):
Post: Data Privacy Contact, People Team, 114-116 Curtain Road, London, United Kingdom EC2A 3AH
The types of data we receive and use
We will receive and use the following information about you:
- Information you provide as part of your application. You will provide us information about you by using our Portal to apply for a role or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for and use the Portal, such as your name, contact information, work experience, educational qualifications, ability to work in the country for which you are applying for employment and any information you choose to submit on or upload to the Portal (such as information from a CV).
- Sensitive information you can provide: Where permitted by local law, you have the option of providing certain sensitive personal data with your consent, such as, race or ethnic origin, or whether you have a disability, for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring. If you decide not to provide this data, your application will not be prejudiced.
- Information from third parties. We receive information from third parties in connection with your application, such as referees, recruiters, organizations, as well as recruiting tools and services, that provide information about you, such as your work history.
How we use your Information
We use your information to:
- identify, source, and evaluate you for employment positions;
- determine and validate your qualifications for employment;
- if you are a successful candidate, create an employment record;
- the extent permitted or required by applicable law, conduct employment and diversity monitoring;
- provide you with user support of the Portal;
- communicate with you;
- send you notifications about new positions that match your profile;
- improve the Portal and to ensure content from the Portal is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- administer the Portal and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes or keep the Portal safe and secure; or
- develop the Portal and improve our recruitment processes.
Legal basis for processing: We will use your personal data on the following legal bases:
Where it is necessary for hiring decisions.
Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
In some cases, we need to ask for your consent to process your personal data.
How we share your information
Company is part of a group of companies with its parent company in the United States. All your personal data will be accessible from and will be transferred to the United States and Canada for the purposes set out in this Notice.
The Company has centralized certain aspects of its data processing and human resources administration (including recruiting and hiring of candidates) in a global human resources information system to host HR related systems in order to allow better business management. In addition, the parent company assists and supports the Company in hiring processes to enact and administer effective hiring decisions and to take into account the legitimate interest of the group regarding such HR decisions. This centralization and supporting will result in the transfer of personal data to this system in the United States.
Where the Company is under an obligation to do so by law, it will disclose your personal data to regulators, courts, the police or tax authorities, or in the course of litigation. In some cases, in accordance with applicable law, it may not be possible to notify you in advance about the details of such disclosures. The Company will use all reasonable efforts to disclose the minimum personal data necessary in such cases.
We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- Portal provider which we use to collect and process your information;
- Services providers that provide us with services and tools related to managing our recruiting and hiring practices; and
- Referees and organizations, to identify you so they can provide a reference and information about your work history.
Where we store your information
The information that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored in, destinations outside of your country and the European Economic Area ("EEA") as described in this Notice.
The Company takes all necessary security and legal precautions to ensure the safety and integrity of personal data that is transferred within its group. Where a transfer of personal data involves a transfer of personal data outside the EEA, the Company complies with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for these transfers of personal data. The personal data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at/processed in the United States, under the European Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses), pursuant to Decision 2004/915/EC. Please contact the Data Privacy Contact should you wish to examine the intra-group standard data protection clauses entered into by the Company group.
The security of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Portal; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modification.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Under applicable law, you have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. Depending on the circumstances, these include the rights: (i) to access the personal data held by the Company about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with, and (ii) to request correction of any personal data held about you that is inaccurate as well as completion of data that incomplete (including by the provision of a supplementary statement). In certain circumstances, you may also have the rights: (i) to receive or ask us to provide your personal data to a third party in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, (ii) to erase the personal data we hold about you, (iii) to require the Company to stop processing the personal data we hold about you other than for storage purposes, and (iv) to restrict or object to our processing of your personal data.
You have the right to withdraw your consent where you have provided personal data voluntarily, or otherwise consented to its use.
You also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. Please note that we may require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights. To exercise any of your rights or to provide any feedback regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact our Data Privacy Contact.
We will post any future changes to this Notice on pages for applying to job openings in the UK and EEA. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to our Data Privacy Contact.