At Lyft, community is who we are, it’s what we do, and it’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community, by creating an open, inclusive and diverse organization where all team members belong.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Senior Public Policy Manager to join our fast-growing and fast-paced team! Based in Sacramento, this position will lead our policy efforts at the state level, the City of Sacramento and surrounding areas. This stellar policy expert will craft Lyft’s policy priorities, and work directly with elected officials, policymakers, and key stakeholders at all levels of government. They will be dealing with regulatory and government issues as a pivotal part of our expansion, building out Lyft’s brand, and growing our markets. Come join the exciting ride!
- Develop Lyft’s legislative, regulatory, and political strategy for the state of California, the city of Sacramento and surrounding areas
- Support Lyft’s policy strategy with state and local regulatory agencies
- Represent Lyft in all interactions with electeds, government and agency officials and staff, including providing testimony in legislative and regulatory hearings
- Track legislation relevant to Lyft at municipal, county and state levels
- Work cross-functionally with Lyft senior management on developing public policy priorities that advance Lyft’s operations and business interests
- Monitor transportation, infrastructure, and environmental policy developments within the State, identifying strategic opportunities for Lyft and forming policy proposals and positions when appropriate
- Work closely with Lyft’s Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Communications teams on developing market strategy
- Manage a team of top notch external policy consultants
- Develop and advocate for policies that support the growth of ridesharing and new mobility options.
- 5+ years of political, legal and/or relevant business development experience
- Experience with a legislative body, executive branch/agency, transit authority, local/county/state Department of Transportation, or transportation NGOs a plus
- Law Degree preferred but not required
- Proven entrepreneurial and scrappy spirit
- Exceptional strategic and proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- Natural connector and relationship builder
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) - you know how to tell a good story and advocate your position
- Lyft user / believer
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.