Lyft’s mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. We care deeply about the people we work with and the communities we serve. To create the world’s best transportation, we start with our own team by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an energetic team-player, who has a background in transportation, operations and public-facing asset management to join as an Asset Recovery Operations Lead.
As Asset Recovery Operations Lead, you will be front and center in addressing two of the most important challenges facing bike-share and scooter-share operations today: 1) how to prevent loss and theft of bikes and scooters? And, 2) how to most effectively retrieve bikes and scooters that are lost or stolen? You will work with both Lyft Bike and Scooter markets and cross-functional teams (Operations Technology, Engineering, Customer Service, Data Science) to lower operational life-cycle costs and minimize loss of our bikes and scooters.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Develop and maintain Asset Recovery Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); determine key operational levers such as customer engagement / messaging, or best-practices for engagement with local law enforcement agencies.
- Provide asset recovery functional expertise and facilitate knowledge sharing with local operations teams.
- Work with Data Science and Operational Technology teams to develop performance tracking of Asset Recovery activities; through combination of manual entry and automated alerting; collaborate when necessary to provide software tools to on-ground field teams to improve asset recovery operations.
- Work with Hardware and Engineering teams to make assets more fault and theft resistant.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators for asset recovery performance, including, but not limited to: response times to at-risk assets, and retrieval success rates.
- Work with centralized Customer Service on communication policies and actions for customers involved in potential asset loss.
- Work with Fraud Analyst on loss prevention efforts, sharing lessons learned from asset recovery work
- Co-own Asset Loss performance metrics with Fraud team and local Ops teams
- 5+ years in an operations role.
- Asset recovery, collections or any other experience involving management of publicly-available inventories a plus.
- Experience in vehicle maintenance and / or repair a plus.
- Excited to solve complex and unique problems related to preventing loss of our assets, and recovering them when we do lose them
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.