Lyft is looking for a proven, passionate leader who wants to change the future of cities and transportation by joining our Central Operations team for Lyft Bikes and Scooters.
The Central Operations team is the epicenter of operational excellence, focused not only on process improvement, but step change unlocks to our efficiency and cost structure. Central Operations leads the way in helping to build a culture of continuous process improvement and best-in-class operating processes throughout the business.
As the Operations Hardware Lead, you are the advocate for our operations teams for all things hardware. You are responsible for determining what features should be prioritized, gathering hardware feedback from our local teams, and working alongside engineers to provide technical guidance to markets. You love to solve problems, enjoy leading cross-functional projects, and are passionate about enabling local operations to have the best micro-mobility platforms for our customers.
You are a troubleshooter with an entrepreneurial spirit who is not afraid to tackle the largest of issues. You are data driven and extremely detail oriented. You will be the steward of hardware on our ops team and laser focused on increasing our platforms’ operational life span. You love getting your hands dirty and staying close to front line operations in order to deeply understand the business and identify areas of opportunity to make our teams more successful in their work.
- Create ops priorities for hardware feature requests
- Create & implement the hardware feedback loop between stakeholders
- Advocate on behalf of operations for all current and future hardware platforms
- Drive cross-functional teams on efforts to increase hardware life-span
- Translate local operational observations into data-backed actionable insights
- Work closely with teammates on developing forecasting strategies for spare parts
- Measure and report the impact of your efforts
- 3-5 years of experience; in operations or hardware related roles
- A proven track record of working on fast-paced and goal driven teams
- Experience working with distributed organizations
- Creative problem solving and ability to work quickly and iteratively
- Process oriented with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.