At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a lead Campaign Manager within its Public Policy organization. Working with the VP of Public Engagement, Campaign Managers will run important, strategic campaigns for Lyft. Campaign Managers will coordinate the work of Lyft’s Public Affairs, Community Engagement, Social Impact, Partnerships and Political teams to create engaging grassroots campaigns around core policy issues related to the company’s success.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative strategist with significant experience and expertise in developing and running successful campaigns, including grassroots organizing and community engagement, staff management, and coaching, and data-driven, relationship-based, scalable campaigns. Campaign Managers should be fluent in running digitally-sophisticated campaigns and skilled at designing messaging and communications plans. Campaign Managers are strategists who know how to manage budgets and create collaborative campaigns that bring together various stakeholders around a common mission.
- Craft and shape strategic campaigns for various geographic or issue-based campaigns
- Turn that strategic thinking into sophisticated, data-driven campaign plans that include goals, timelines, budgets, messaging, organizing plans among other critical components
- Manage the implementation of those campaign plans: coordinate with communications, public affairs, community engagement, social impact, political, partnerships, policy and government relations staff to ensure cross-functional alignment and fully integrated campaign implementation
- Create robust reporting systems to track campaign success
- Manage vendor and consultant relationships and contracts as needed
- Hire, train, manage and coach diverse, dynamic, talented, engaged campaign staff
- 10+ years of relevant campaign management experience, including significant experience on behalf of a candidate, cause, issue or company
- Flawless writing and campaign plan design skills
- A commitment to data-driven, accountable but human-centered campaign programs
- Ability to oversee a fast-moving campaign and provide mentorship and motivation to an awesome, talented, hard-working team
- Significant experience with communications, digital, organizing, political and policy disciplines
- A deep understanding of how to work collaboratively and cross-functionally, specifically with communications, policy, political, and other teams to create campaign programs that achieve Lyft’s policy goals
- An understanding of multimodal transportation (including autonomous vehicles) and future of work policy issues a significant plus
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- A passion for Lyft’s mission of improving people’s lives with the world’s best transportation
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.