At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Reporting to the Head of Rental, Lyft is looking for a Business Development Manager to help us grow our rentals program by launching and scaling partnerships. You will be a key member of a cross-functional team well on the way to re-defining the rental experience as it is known today.
- Build and enhance Lyft partnership program to drive customer referrals to Lyft rentals
- Launch partnership program in multiple cities with multiple small to medium businesses. Develop performance management dashboard to steer the program as it scales.
- Work with the Lyft partnership team on larger scale, national partnerships
- Identify and implement further opportunities to accelerate growth for the rentals program
- Work closely with product to enhance partner experience once we have traction
- Build and share learnings and best practices based on partner performance and effectiveness
- Own all reporting of the strategic segment, participating in regular business reviews with leadership and stakeholders.
- Represent Lyft externally with partners’ management teams and at industry events
- Work closely with product / tech team to help unlock new business opportunities
- 5+ years of business development, strategy and/or program management experience
- Experience at a high growth, early stage business
- Strong understanding and interest in Lyft and competitive landscape
- Highly analytical, strategic thinker and data driven, but also a creative problem solver
- Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with internal and external stakeholders
- High energy, and persistent personality, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- High work rate, comfortable pitching to any partner regardless of size
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.