At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is seeking a User Experience Research Intern to join our growing team, which aspires to elevate the user experience for our drivers and passengers across 300+ cities nationwide.
You will conduct research studies, as well as participate in studies alongside more senior researchers from which you’ll gain strong mentorship. You will partner with Design, Product Management, Analytics, and Engineering in order to derive deep insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes, and communicate results and actionable recommendations across the company.
You have extraordinary attention to detail and love to organize. You are also an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are comfortable working closely with passionate researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers that care deeply about creating experiences that bring people together through transportation.
This internship will be during Summer 2020.
- Design and conduct studies across key Lyft product areas -- independently and in conjunction with more senior researchers. You will utilize methods such as ethnographic & field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), guerrilla research, and any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, and communicate qualitative data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users
- Currently pursuing a B.S., M.S., or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Design, Psychology, Cognitive Science, or a related field
- Must have at least one additional term (quarter or semester) of school left after the end of the internship
- Extraordinary organizational skills and meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong listening and analytical skills; proactive troubleshooter
- Team player with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for a collaborative, highly energetic, fun and fast-paced environment
- Experience as a researcher and/or research coordinator for qualitative research studies or school-based research projects, including usability/user testing, surveys, field research, or user interviews
- Research experience with mobile technology
- Experience using Qualtrics
- Experience conducting qualitative research in applied research settings, ideally within a Product organization
- Experience with behavioral data analysis, designing surveys and experimental research, and analyzing large datasets using appropriate statistical methods
- Experience with research participant recruitment and management practices
- Design thinking, visual communication, information design, or wireframing skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to observed holidays, paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.