At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We’re hiring a Head of Rider Product Marketing to play an important role in Lyft’s mission: improve people’s lives through the world’s best transportation. Our Head of Rider Product Marketing and their team will be the voice of our customers and identify opportunities for us to build incredible products.
The Head of Rider Product Marketing will oversee both inbound and outbound Product Marketing. You will open up knowledge of the customer, the competitive landscape and industry to the broader company and help guide the leadership team in defining the product roadmap and product strategy. You will build on our go-to-market and launch strategy for products, create the product value proposition, and identify product improvements and product extensions. Your approach will also encourage first-time adoption and follow-up engagement in those early lifecycle stages.
- Define and mobilize the vision and strategy of the Rider Product Marketing team and provide insights to the executive leadership team to guide business decisions
- Be the voice of the customer to influence the product creation process with Product teams and continually assess our market and strategies with Growth teams to identify all needs and opportunities within Rider products and services
- Develop positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation that creates awareness, adoption, engagement, and retention to increase market share and fuel growth
- Partner with the UX, Analytics, Marketing teams to map and ensure operationalization of the user journey across our multi-modal platform
- Build, mentor, and inspire a world-class product marketing team, lead PMMs in developing go-to-market strategies across our products and amplifying their impact
- 12+ years of product marketing experience - consumer-facing product marketing experience required
- Extensive experience leading product marketing teams within consumer technology companies. Scale company experience required, challenger brand company exposure also highly preferred
- Skillfully scaled, mentored and coached 12+ person PMM organization into a thoughtful, efficient, and quality teams. You empowering and instilling confidence in PMM teams
- Partners with VP and C-level executives in driving business decision-making and product road mapping
- Well-versed in interpreting a company’s mission and priorities into a strategic and tactical Product Marketing plan. You create and convey a distinct plan, goals, to both your teams, cross-functional partners and executive leaders
- Combines both internal user data and consumer insights to help map the product experience. You live and breathe the user experience, immerse yourself in user trends, research and live interactions. You complement all decisions with supportive analytics and test/measure performance
- You work seamlessly across departments to ensure the best outcome for the business. You're known for taking ownership of the outcomes through working with others and stay accountable to your actions
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.