At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Director of Compliance & Ethics will lead the team responsible for interpreting, negotiating, and implementing Lyft’s regulatory obligations in the areas of Sarbanes-Oxley and data privacy compliance. The role will be primarily responsible for the company’s business ethics and integrity program, including adherence to Lyft’s Code of Conduct. These regulatory and ethical obligations touch every aspect of Lyft’s business--- and you will be at the epicenter of it all. This role will report to the VP of Compliance.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on implementing Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and regulations pertaining to data privacy and security, working closely with the Finance, Engineering, Communications, Government Relations, and Operations Teams
- Meet corporate compliance objectives by forecasting requirements, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Lead the implementation of Lyft’s business ethics program, in collaboration with the People and Legal teams
- Work closely with the Communications and Government Relations teams to recommend public policy strategies within your portfolio of issues
- Work directly with regulators to negotiate for favorable regulations that support the company’s business objectives, and for favorable enforcement outcomes when necessary
- Keep management, and Operations and Communications teams informed of compliance and ethics issues as they arise
- 8+ years of legal experience at a mid- to large-size law firm, government regulatory entity or in-house at a technology company
- J.D. from a top law school
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, and interpersonal skills. Strong oral advocacy and presentation skills
- Experience advising a fast-growing business in a regulated industry and managing a team of professionals
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to achieve maximum compliance while minimizing the impact of compliance on the business
- An understanding of the transportation industry, ridesharing, or other newly regulated industry
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Travel as needed---if there is a fire, you go and put it out
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.