At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The growth we’ve seen so far has been explosive, but it’s just one small step towards our larger mission: improve people's’ lives with the world’s best transportation. We’re passionate about extending access to transportation.
Lyft is looking for a proven strategic and operationally focused leader with business experience to develop Lyft’s business strategy. Reporting to the VP of Strategy, you will be responsible for assessing business opportunities, frame up problems through root cause analysis, undertake rigorous analysis to size and prioritize growth opportunities, help step in to existing work to reframe/ accelerate or recommend new courses of action; and work deeply cross functionally across the entire organization.
The Director, Operations Strategy is a bold thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit who is not afraid to take risks, and can communicate concisely with sound logical storytelling. You build compelling storylines, business cases, budgets, roadmaps, and metrics for success that you leverage to garner both cross-functional buy in and executive sign-off. As the leader of a high performing team, you have a proven track record of hiring, developing, and retaining top talent. People gravitate towards your leadership.
- Help drive and accelerate high-impact projects for Lyft
- Evaluate new growth opportunities, and build business cases to support recommendations and prioritize these opportunities
- Assess and partner with cross functional teams to tee up successful business cases (eg. Public Policy, Finance, Product, Legal, Eng, etc.); build champions of each function
- Anticipate issues, respond to changes with agility, based on experience, to drive impact
- Passionate about rolling up your sleeves to solve any issue, alongside your team
- Succinctly communicate with all stakeholders, including executives
- Build a team of analysts and strategists; and a strong, execution-oriented team of cross-functional experts across multiple industries and time zones
- Strong leader - engaging, developer or others
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of strategic consulting, investment banking, venture capital, business turnarounds, business operations
- Must have experience researching businesses and market opportunities
- Fantastic financial acumen -- you lead with data and facts
- Is a simplifier of issues, problems, finds solutions
- Proven track record of business impact; delivering on complex, high-visibility, cross-functional projects on a global scale
- Proven record of leading performance-driven strategy and operational teams
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions (GR, Legal, Finance, etc.)
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.