At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Data and insights are at the heart of how Lyft makes business decisions, and our sustained investment in our communities and local operations are a key differentiator, allowing us to understand and act on what makes cities unique. Analytics Managers act as the “eyes” for local operations teams, generating insights from data that allow us to act. We’re looking for passionate Analytics Managers to come work alongside us to take on some of the most interesting and impactful problems in ridesharing. You’ll be working in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the world’s best transportation.
Analytics Managers partner with Territory Leaders (General Managers/Regional Directors) at Lyft to drive growth, improve efficiency, and influence long-term strategy through strategic thinking, analytics problem-solving, and critical insights. You will be responsible for analyzing a variety of problems ranging from suboptimal airport operations to finding ways to reduce rider churn. These actionable recommendations will be both strategic as well as tactical, ultimately influencing how Lyft executes and creates value for customers - both riders and drivers.
To be successful as an Analytics Manager, you must have a strong background in analytics, think strategically, and be able to use data to frame decisions and drive actionable recommendations and make challenging trade-offs (supply vs. demand, long-term vs. short-term, low risk vs. high risk). As a member of the local market leadership team, you will work with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, and influence key aspects of running and growing the market across riders, drivers and our growing investments in physical infrastructure.
Being an analytical superstar alone is not enough -- you must have strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate your insights and recommendations for actions.
Analytics Managers report to the Territory Leader (General Manager/Regional Director), with close collaboration with the HQ-based Business Performance & Planning.
- Be the data-driven thought partner for your Territory Leader and take an ownership mindset for the performance and growth of your market.
- Identify key market-level questions, problems, and opportunities to drive growth and profitability
- Develop, maintain, and track execution of Market Roadmap -> rolling 12 month plan to deliver the numbers in the market
- Optimize effectiveness of Sales and Marketing activities by identifying key points of leverage and focus for those teams
- Monitor root causes of market performance
- Provide analytics support for local initiatives alongside other local team members (e.g. Marketing, Spec Ops, Lyft Business, Public Policy, Regulatory Operations)
- Collaborate with both your local team and HQ teams to improve Lyft’s business decisions for the local markets
- Prepare for and lead weekly deep dives into market and program performance while developing actionable dashboards for GMs and other local stakeholders
Experience & Skills:
- Proven analytical background
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Familiarity or experience with P&L management
- Passion for teaching others analytical frameworks
- Advanced SQL skills required
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.