At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is hiring a Director for its Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team sitting within the Technology, Autonomous, Payments & Fraud team. This is a unique opportunity to play a crucial role in helping build a financial foundation for one of the key areas of Lyft’s business. This role will provide financial and analytical support to Lyft’s Payments & Fraud team to help drive strategic decisions for the company while maintaining and improving financial control.
- Manage the relationship with the Payments & Fraud team, partnering with business leadership on strategic and operational activities
- Lead beyond budgeting and planning – be a thought leader and partner with the Payments & Fraud leaders to drive operational efficiencies while scaling the company
- Build guardrails and milestones for financial and performance management, identify controls and create new and improve existing processes
- Oversee cost of payments forecasting and operating expense management
- Serve as the finance expert for the Payments & Fraud area to ensure smooth workflows into the broader Finance organization such as Accounting, Treasury, Tax, etc.
- Develop key financial metrics and analysis to support the unique needs of Fraud & Payments functions
- Manage the monthly and quarter end close processes
- Deliver timely and high quality monthly/quarterly analysis and reporting of financial results, including variances to business’ plan, to ensure key issues, risks, and business drivers are clearly understood and highlighted
- Lead the development of executive-grade analytics and reporting, establishing regular review cadences and iterating over time
- Partner with broader FP&A team and other Heads of Finance on cross-functional initiatives, supporting with financial models and ad-hoc analysis
- Collaborate with Accounting to ensure the team has best-in-class processes to meet various program and contractual commitments
- Contribute to the ongoing management and growth of a high-performing FP&A team supporting Payments & Fraud and other key functions at Lyft
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- 10+ years of experience working in FP&A in a high-growth environment, with ideally 5+ years of direct experience with the US payments industry in customer-focused companies with significant online payments operations
- Proven track record of influencing senior executives in the fraud and payments space
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, cultivator of collaborative working relationships with diverse teams across an organization
- Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and “making it happen”
- Comfortable working with large data sets to discover trends and experience developing and implementing solutions based on data analysis
- Desire and demonstrated capability to contribute across the entire scope of FP&A in a rapidly growing company; unafraid of diving deep into the details but comfortable talking strategically
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.