Lyft’s mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. We care deeply about the people we work with and the communities we serve. To create the world’s best transportation, we start with our own team by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on manager to own the P&L for Divvy, the bikeshare system Lyft operates in the Chicago metro area, which means responsibility for market growth, service quality, partnership with local government program leadership, strategy, and overall operational excellence. It’s an extraordinary moment to take on this Divvy leadership role as the system embarks on a dramatic expansion that was recently approved by city council.
As a Market Manager, you will work together with internal and external stakeholders to shape the vision and execution for Divvy, as well as contribute to success and learnings in additional markets, through the contribution to playbooks, organization capabilities and advising with on-the-ground execution.
The Chicago Market Manager will also be responsible for Lyft’s operation of the Nice Ride bikeshare system in Minneapolis and similarly work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver growth and performance of that system. Nice Ride is also in the midst of significant growth and innovation building on its history of national leadership in bikeshare.
If you share our vision for sustainable transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Collaborate with local government program leadership to deliver outstanding bikeshare that meets shared objectives for growth
- Manage the market P&L to achieve growth while keeping within budget
- Achieve growth goals - rides, frequency, service levels
- Oversee our operational efforts in market
- Build system ridership through guiding local marketing efforts
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor performance
- Create playbooks, metrics and contingency plans to govern day-to-day operations
Synthesize market feedback and recommendations for HQ business, product and engineering teams
Experience & Skills:
- 7+ years of operations or strategy experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Experience working with public sector actors
- Experience building from scratch, scaling an organization and managing people
- Experience managing and working with team-members possessing a wide variety of skills and roles
- Quantitative by nature and obsessed with process improvement
- Experience working cross-functionally across large organizations
- Experience with urban transit and micro-mobility a strong plus
- Role is based in Chicago with travel to Minneapolis but travel also possible to support launches in other markets
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.