At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Public Policy to join our new micromobility policy team! This position will help lead our efforts to launch shared bike and scooter programs and make cities better for bicycling and walking and will report to the Senior Director of Bicycle, Scooter & Pedestrian Public Policy. This stellar policy expert will craft Lyft’s policy priorities, and work directly with elected officials, policymakers, and key stakeholders at all levels of government. S/he will be dealing with regulatory and government issues as a pivotal part of our Lyft’s mission to eliminate private car ownership and foster public policies that reclaim streets for people. Come join the exciting ride!
- Develop Lyft’s legislative, regulatory, and political strategy in cities across the United States
- Represent Lyft in all interactions with electeds, government officials and staff, including providing testimony in legislative and regulatory hearings
- Track legislation relevant to Lyft at municipal, county and state levels
- Craft ideal regulatory frameworks and lead efforts to win local adoption
- Work cross-functionally with Lyft senior management on developing public policy priorities that advance Lyft’s operations and business interests
- Work closely with Lyft’s community, public affairs, legal, compliance, communications, and operations teams on developing market strategy
- Manage a team of top-notch external policy consultants
- Develop and advocate for policies that support the growth of biking and walking, ridesharing and new mobility options, including self-driving cars
Experience & Skills:
- 6+ years of political, legal and/or relevant business development experience
- Proven entrepreneurial and scrappy spirit
- Exceptional strategic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding (and sometime unstructured) environment
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- You love the art of a deal and are a “closer”
- Natural connector and relationship builder
- A love of travel (lots of travel, often last-minute)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) - you know how to tell a good story and advocate your position
- Lyft user / believer
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.