At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Do you want to shape the future of transportation? Are you looking to push the team to go even faster within a hyper-growth startup? Are you looking for a culture that supports your personal development? Are you looking to have fun while you hustle? Then come be Regulatory Compliance Counsel at Lyft!
We're looking for someone who will be a part of the Regulatory Compliance team, which is responsible for negotiating, digesting, synthesizing, communicating, and ultimately fulfilling Lyft’s regulatory requirements. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across all areas of the company to implement our compliance objectives for our core rideshare business and Lyft Bikes & Scooters in California. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and resourceful, skilled at building strong relationships, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This role reports to the Director of Regulatory Compliance.
- Engage in the rulemaking process directly with regulators to advocate for appropriate regulations as to Lyft’s ridesharing and bike & scooter businesses
- Track and document Lyft’s regulatory compliance obligations in California
- Work cross-functionally with various teams to gather information for regulatory reports and audits, as required by their jurisdictions
- Research and advise on regulatory compliance issues that impact Lyft’s Operations, Marketing, Finance and Product teams
- Communicate regulatory compliance requirements and offer guidance to other teams, including Comms, Product, Government Relations, Customer Support, and Legal
- Work collaboratively with regulators to determine relevant requirements, negotiate and advocate for favorable interpretations and adoption of administrative rules that benefit rideshare drivers and Lyft’s riders
- Gather and synthesize data relating to our compliance requirements
Experience & Skills:
- JD Degree
- 5+ years of experience working in a legal or compliance role
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experience making presentations before public regulatory agencies
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Passion for Lyft and the ride-sharing community
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.