At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Working in Autonomous infrastructure team gives a unique ability to understand how all the pieces of self-driving technology fit together: from perception and motion control to data pipelines and sensor integrations. We are building a strong infrastructure foundation for the whole autonomous vehicles program. If you are excited about being a force multiplier in a team of talented engineers working on cutting edge problems, we should talk!
- Design and implement automated build, release, delivery, and deployment pipelines for Autonomous vehicles
- Assume responsibilities for CI and CD systems that integrate and test millions of lines of code across half a dozen programming languages
- Solve complex CI scenarios, including GPU allocation, hardware in the loop, and deployments to vehicles (data centers on wheels)
- Scale the build system to provide instant feedback to developers despite fast growing codebase and increased complexity of testing scenarios
- Establish reusable patterns for tests, 3rd party dependencies, and artifact management that rest of the team can follow
- Evangelize best build/release practices and educate entire Autonomous team
Experience & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Software Engineering and Computer Science fundamentals. It usually comes with Bachelors in CS, but doesn’t have to be
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrable skills with (or willingness to learn fast) build toolchains, especially Bazel
- Interest in programming languages and compilers. We love C++, Rust, Python, Scala, and Go
- Solid programming skills, from quick scripts to large scale systems
- Deep understanding of Linux operating systems, from shell and package manager to containerization
- Knowledge of pros and cons of multiple release and branching strategies for teams at scale
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of talented engineers
Nice To Have:
- Expertise with scaling version control systems, especially Git
- Experience working with hardware, embedded devices, and cross compilers
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.