At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft needs experienced engineers from a breadth of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich and creative features that set the standard for the ride sharing industry. We constantly innovate and incorporate cutting edge technologies to make the lives of our community more enriched. Accurate, high-performance mapping powers Lyft’s mission of creating the real-time transportation network of the future. We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to seed our team and contribute in a collaborative start-up environment.
Core components on Lyft’s marketplace of drivers and passengers such as driver dispatch, multi-passenger matching and dynamic pricing depend on mapping services that serve hundreds of billions requests each day, putting drivers and passengers at right locations and reliably predicting travel trajectory using state-of-art offline and real-time machine learning models.
- Help to define roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Act on feedback to learn and grow
- Unblock, support and effectively communicate across teams to achieve results
Experience & Skills:
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience or exposure to distributed systems
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Ability to write thorough, scalable and clear design documentation
- Designs, builds and improves a set of team owned components
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.