At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Level 5 Simulation team is responsible for creating a virtual world in which both augmented real world data and synthetically generated data are used to help accelerate the training, prototyping and validation of autonomous vehicles. The aspiration is to model millions of situations in this virtual world and having the virtual vehicle, powered by our autonomy software stack, drive billions of miles before they are deployed to Lyft’s world class transportation network.
- Create accurate 3D virtual environments to simulate autonomous vehicles in realistic situations, from intersection scale to city scale
- Implement smart actors and agents in the virtual environment that closely mimic their real-world behaviors
- Solve difficult modeling, mathematical, and implementation problems with a focus on the accuracy of simulation results, and reliability and performance of the software
- Integrate the simulation with existing regression testing frameworks and making it an integral part of autonomy software
- Work cross functionally with other teams to develop a physically-accurate, easy-to-use, and performant simulation toolkit
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields, or at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Extensive industry coding experience in C++ on Linux operating systems
- Experience with physical system modeling and simulation
- Experience with software handling large data sets with performance
- Exceptional ability to produce maintainable and highly testable code with great design
- Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment where your impact is highly visible
- Passionate about autonomous vehicle technology and its potential to improve the world
Nice To Have:
- Experience developing virtual world environment for games, such as Lumberyard, Unity3d, Unreal, CryEngine and/or other world simulation environments
- Experience with graphics APIs and frameworks such as OpenGL, DirectX, or Vulkan
- Experience with physics engines (e.g. Bullet, Havok, PhysX)
- Experience developing agent behaviors, physics, gameplay, tools, or GUIs
- Knowledge of common geographical coordinate systems, spatial data infrastructure and common GIS applications
- Deep understanding and hands-on knowledge of Deep Learning and its applications in autonomous driving system
- Experience in robotics, real time systems, embedded system, or self-driving technologies
- Working knowledge of various sensor technologies including camera, RADAR, LIDAR, ultrasonic, and vehicle state sensors
- Understanding of hardware modules and systems, system identification and sensor/actuators simulation.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.