We are seeking a Scientist I for the T Cell Rejuvenation to join our newly established R&D center in South San Francisco. The ideal candidate will play a principal role in developing a platform of lipid nanoparticle (LNP) based T cell reprogramming.
- Design and conduct complex experiments independently with scientific rationale.
- Critically analyze experiments and interpret complex data drawing appropriate conclusions.
- Creative thinking to improve the efficiency of current experiments and assays.
- Communicate and discuss results with other scientists.
- Represent Lyell externally through presentations at key National / International meetings, interactions with our key investigators.
- Participate and thrive in an interactive, team-oriented culture.
- The ideal candidate will have direct hands-on experience in LNP technologies.
- Strong cell/molecular biology knowledge and experience.
- Relevant experience and expertise in iPSC technology will be considered a plus.
- Consistent record of innovative contributions to LNP technologies or cellular reprogramming as evidenced by first authored publications in top-tier journals and patent inventorship.
- Degree in molecular biology, cancer biology, immunology or related field.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong experience with general cell culture work (culture, expansion, media formulations, passaging, preservation, co-culture systems).
- Extensive experience with flow cytometry assays and analysis; more complex analysis and cell sorting experience a plus
- Extensive experience with molecular biology protocols (i.e. PCR, Western, RT-PCR, qPCR, design vector); more complex experience and design a plus
Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.