We are seeking a candidate to join our newly established R&D team in South San Francisco as an experienced Scientist II in the T Cell Rejuvenation team.
- Design and conduct complex experiments independently with scientific rationale.
- Critically analyze experiments and interpret complex data drawing appropriate conclusions.
- Creative thinking to improve the efficiency of current experiments and assays.
- Communicate and discuss results with other scientists.
- Represent Lyell externally through presentations at key national / international meetings, interactions with our key investigators.
- Participate and thrive in an interactive, team-oriented culture.
- The ideal candidate will have direct hands-on experience in establishing murine models for adoptive T cell therapies, culture of primary murine T cells and functional assay of T cells(cytokine assay, cytotoxic assay, etc.) or reprogramming of murine somatic cells to iPS cells.
- Strong cell/molecular biology knowledge and experience.
- Relevant experience and expertise in Stem cells / iPSC technology, metabolism, aging and senescence will be considered a plus.
- Consistent record of innovative contributions to study of T cell function as evidenced by publications in top-tier journals and patent inventorship.
- Advanced degree in molecular biology, cancer biology, immunology, reprogramming, regenerative medicine or related field.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong experience with general cell culture work (culture, expansion, media formulations, passaging, preservation, co-culture systems).
- Extensive experience with flow cytometry assays and analysis; more complex analysis and cell sorting experience a plus
- Extensive experience with molecular biology protocols (i.e. PCR, Western, RT-PCR, qPCR, design vector); more complex experience and design a plus
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees. Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.