Lyell Immunopharma is seeking a qualified candidate to join our newly established R&D center in South San Francisco and Seattle as a group leader in the T cell rejuvenation team. The ideal candidate will play a principal role in developing the next generation of T cell cancer immunotherapies. The candidate will be responsible for scientifically supporting the T cell rejuvenation team in developing assays to identify cell phenotypes of improved T cells for adoptive immunotherapy.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The design and development of new protocols to test hypotheses
- Think creatively to solve problems and develop new technology in a collaborative, team environment
- Analyze/interpret results and effectively communicate them to other scientists on the team
- Responsible for the completion of research, experiments, and assignments that have an impact on functional/technical goals
- Participate and thrive in an interactive, team-oriented culture
- Responsible for mentoring and possibly managing associates
- Involvement in steering the scientific direction of external collaborations
- Expansive experience with iPSC reprogramming, establishment, characterization, cell culture, and differentiation.
- Consistent record of innovative contributions to cellular reprogramming, cellular aging, or senescence as evidenced by first / senior-authored publications in top-tier journals and patent inventor ship.
- Strong cell/molecular biology knowledge and experience.
- Experience with T cell biology, T cell immunotherapy and cell aging will be considered as a plus.
- Degree in molecular biology, medicine, stem cell biology, immunology, developmental biology, or related field. MS will be considered for the position accordingly with their professional experience.
- Deep knowledge in several biologic fields: iPSC and stem cell biology, immunology, and hematopoietic differentiation.
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees. Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.