At Lyell, our vision is to develop curative cell-based immunotherapies for solid tumor cancers. We have innovative science originating from our founder’s world class labs and a unique and disruptive approach to research and development. Our company is first and foremost focused on understanding the science. We are a learning organization, dependent on deep collaborative relationships between all of our colleagues, partners and founders. Our culture is based on Respect, Science, Courage and Collaboration, and it reflects who we are and the environment we are creating.
We are seeking talented Senior Research Associates to join our In Vivo Pharmacology Group. The group’s mission is to evaluate the efficacy of our T cell candidates in animal studies using sophisticated in vivo models, providing excellence and support to all research groups within Lyell. The SRA will take a central role in setting up the in relevant models to study T cell behavior both in vivo as well as ex vivo and collaborate with Scientists across the company to interrogate our novel therapies in these models.
- Maintenance of a highly functioning in vivo and ex vivo lab, working with the leader of the in vivo pharmacology group and other scientists across the company
- Setup and execution of in vivo studies, including xenograft/humanized mouse models, as well as immune-competent syngeneic mouse models
- In vivo responsibilities include animal preparation/surgery, tumor implantation (s.c. or orthotopic), dosing of T cells and other agents (i.p., i.v., s.c. dosing), tracking of tumor growth (bioluminescence, CT/MRI, or caliper measurements) and animal health
- Ex vivo responsibilities include dissection of organs and tumors for the analysis of immune infiltrates (flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence in collaboration with the Pathology group), as well as analysis of T cell function using tissue dissociation and immunoassay protocols
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data to project teams
- Generation and maintenance of electronic lab notebook reports, including statistical data analysis
- Proficient in executing xenograft and humanized mouse models using immunocompromised mice (NSG, NSG-SGM3)
- Proficient in executing syngeneic mouse models on different mouse strain backgrounds, ideally using adoptive T cell transfer
- Proficient in mouse handling and various routes of animal dosing (i.v., i.p., s.c.)
- Proficient measuring and analyzing tumor growth using bioluminescence, MRI/CT and/or caliper measurements
- Proficient with mammalian cell culture techniques such as cell line passaging, cryopreservation and cell thawing, cell counting, etc.
- Ideally experience performing animal surgeries
- Ideally experience with tumor digestion and magnetic cell separation protocols
- Ideally experience with flow cytometry (staining setup, running of samples, basic analysis)
- A general understanding of animal models and how they are used to investigate the function of the immune system is required, experience in tumor immunology preferred
- BSc in immunology, oncology, or related field with minimum 4 years of relevant experience OR
- MSc in immunology, oncology or related field with minimum 2 years of relevant experience
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.
Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at email@example.com