Lush Cosmetics is based in Vancouver with our own in-house team of shop designers, visual merchandisers, construction and maintenance and wood shop team who design, build, relocate and renovate a portfolio of 250 shops across North America. You have a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment to join a fast-growing company that is committed to our values and passionate about creating a unique customer experience. You will work closely with our shop designers and retail team to develop and further enhance our green shop design specifications to improve energy and water conservation, waste management and building material selection. By evaluating and elevating the energy and environmental design of our shops, you will help identify and improve the environmental footprint of our retail business.
Your core responsibilities include:
Green Buildings & Energy Management (Retail)
- Develop green building specifications through strong understanding of industry best practice to improve energy, water and material use in collaboration with our shop designers, architects and retail team
- Further evaluate and develop our retail energy management strategy
- Engage construction and maintenance in preventative maintenance and targeted energy and water initiatives to improve shop building and operational performance
- Evaluate tools to improve measurement of building performance to effect decision making and behavior change
- Develop resources and training on best practices for energy and water efficient shop operations
- Drive green building innovation through our evolving portfolio of 250 retail shops in North America
- Collaborate and support special projects and strategy development on renewable energy investment, water replenishment and understanding customer impacts
Environmental Metrics, Analysis & Communication
- Analyze energy savings and financial impact to build effective business cases and demonstrate measurable results
- Collect, analyze, report and expand our environmental dashboard and baseline metrics and methodology for retail energy and water.
- Increase education and engagement around green shop features, operations and environmental issues
- Support communication of green building/sustainability initiatives, in shops and to customers, in a way that is simple to understand, engaging and impactful
Skills and experience:
- 4+ years of work experience in green building design, energy and analytics
- Have a strong knowledge of and applied experience integrating sustainability into existing building design projects based on LEED, Living Building Challenge, and/or other performance tools and green building framework
- Experience in retail/commercial buildings design is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills – you love excel sheets and diving into numbers to understand the drivers and tell the story
- Ability to track and analyze sustainability metrics, evaluate environmental/financial performance and understand GHG accounting and reporting
- Familiarity with project specifications, architectural drawings and interior building design/construction
- Understanding of building energy management, including portfolio benchmarking and analysis to identify energy efficiency opportunities.
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate technical information in a way that is simple to understand
- Outstanding project management skills – strong organization, time management and ability to manage priorities
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to effectively manage and meet multiple deadlines.
- Self-starter, proactive and solutions oriented
- The desire and ability to work as a team player and support team priorities and initiatives as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (sustainability/corporate responsibility, engineering/green buildings/architecture)
- Graduate degree or equivalent training (green building systems and design, energy management, architecture, corporate sustainability)
- Certification and/or knowledge of LEED v4, Living Building Challenge, SKA rating, BREEAM
How to Apply:
- Online (Apply)
Thanks for your interest in LUSH! Due to the high volume of applicants, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Best of luck in your job search, and don’t forget to follow us online for even MORE opportunities!