The Compensation Program Manager plays an essential role in growing talent in our business through collaboration with each business stream. You know how to be curious about opportunities and how to be real with feedback and support in each of our people and total rewards programs. You are passionate about role modelling and upholding ethical values, and ‘making a difference’ is in your DNA
As a member of the P&C Team you:
- Provide care, support and advice for everyone
- Create conditions conductive to great work
- Demonstrate inclusive, resilient leadership
- Support empowered staff to own their journey
You will take the lead in evaluating the current schemes, and designing, developing and implementing all compensation programs for our Corporate function whilst furthering our commitment to reaching a Living Wage within our Retail, Manufacturing and Distributions businesses.
At Lush, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging is a core value, and you will apply an equitable lens into all the solutions including market reviews, variable pay programs and internal benchmarking. Our Lush employees live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to our Manager, Benefits & Wellness and through working closely with our Head of People & Culture and senior leadership teams, you will collaborate on delivering programs that have a logical and fair relationship between sales and pay.
You will undertake the following Responsibilities:
- Define and lead the customization of our compensation programs, including our compensation management systems and tools
- Participate in developing the overall compensation philosophy, policies and procedures in collaboration with the global Lush Group and educating stakeholders
- Assist in the development and management of bonus plan documentation and timely roll-out
- Manage the evolution of job levelling and living wage tracking for the full North American business and updating wages accordingly
- Conduct and participate in compensation surveys with key business partners
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition and Strategic People Partner teams in the maintenance of the job description and evaluation process
- Assist with conducting market pay analysis to determine the competitiveness of pay and make recommendations for pay adjustments
- Assist with annual compensation reviews and play a key role in analyzing the data and administering compensation programs; preparation of communication and training materials and conduct training as required for all areas of the business
- Review compensation propositions to help improve attraction and retention of talent
- Perform market salary analysis, maintains, and updates the salary structures for the organization in consultation with the business unit leaders.
- Provide reporting, and analyze programs with the goal of continuous improvement in terms of design, administrative efficiency, and costs optimization.
- Review requests for new job classification/positions, job evaluations and make classification/pay level recommendations
- Work closely with Head of P&C to review the annual budget process and financial re-forecasting for the P&C stream with relation to the overall compensation program
- Present data in a visual and engaging way to communicate insights effectively
- 5+ years of proven experience with Compensation, Reporting and Analytics, with specific relation to Human Resources
- Proven compensation modelling experience across US and Canada markets, and Retail is a must.
- A passion for equitable and transparent pay
- Understanding of compensation principles, including job structures, salary ranges, annual salary review processes, promotions, incentive programs, and benchmarking
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – a curiosity to solve business problems with data-driven analytics
- Experience creating and launching compensation programs for a variety of employee groups including hourly, salaried, contract, seasonal.
- Effective in presenting to senior and executive leaders
- Experience in creating salary structures and analyzing the market data
- Knowledgeable on current best practices in compensation market valuation
- Experience in job evaluation and financial modelling
- A proven collaborative, proactive and inclusive approach to business support
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to focus, prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, high-energy environment to deliver a high-quality output
- Ability to work independently, and enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Economics, Business Data Analytics, or a related field
- Project management qualification and/or proven track record
- Knowledge of Gender pay gap reporting and Ethnicity pay gap reporting
- Experience with HRIS & Compensation systems including ERI and Payfactors
- CCP or CPHR certification is an asset
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Recruitment Process Overview