Diversity matters …
We are building a brand that represents the people of the world. It’s what you do that counts, and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future.
Who we are …
Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics are purveyors of good, clean fun. They offer luxurious and ethical skincare, haircare, and bath products made with fresh fruits and vegetables, and the finest essential oils that are ethically and sustainably sourced. Creators of pioneering beauty products such as the fizzing bath bomb, shower jellies and solid shampoo bars, Lush has been driven by innovation and ethics since its inception 27 years ago. A beauty company with a campaigning heart, Lush is on a mission to create a product for every need and a cosmetic revolution to save the planet. The ultimate goal is to leave the world Lusher than we found it. Lush operates a strict policy against animal testing and can often be found supporting grassroots activist groups campaigning for social justice. Today Lush operates in 48 countries with over 900 shops, 38 websites shipping worldwide and a global network of native apps and digital communities in over 30 languages. lush.com
The role …
It’s an exciting time for the brand, with growth and new customer acquisition being key business goals - PR has never been more important to reach new and current Lush customers, drive brand awareness and create brand affinity and loyalty. We are driving a cosmetic revolution and creating pioneering firsts within the cosmetics industry, ranging from game-changing product inventions; opening large stand alone anchor stores; developing our own ethical technology for good; and leaving the world lusher than we found it through regenerative buying practices and sourcing.
The PR Lead will report to the Head of PR North America and will be responsible for executing a strong PR strategy to help achieve business goals – building the brand reputation and generating exciting opportunities with top press outlets. The PR Lead will work towards generating press coverage for the brands products, campaigns, key founders + executives across top media outlets.
- Provide strategic support for PR in North America – contribute to the overall PR strategy with exciting, relevant ideas that are aligned with the global vision and also help achieve local business goals
- Maintain strong relationships with top editors at national, regional and trade publications
- Liaise with external agency partner to ensure they are meeting goals + objectives
- Provide on-the-ground support for editor meetings + events in New York (and regionally, as needed)
- Outstanding written ability, to write press releases, pitching materials, etc.
- Develop PR stories, pitches, media and influencer activations resulting in exceptional coverage of the brands new and hero products + campaigns
- Look for opportunities in thought leadership for Lush founders + executives
- Contribute to the team with ideas to elevate the brand presence and build its' reputation through meaningful press opportunities and partnerships / collaborations
- Take an out-of-the-traditional-PR-box approach, be disruptive in the industry
- Oversee press reporting to ensure we are meeting our KPI’s and benchmarks for all campaigns and initiatives
- Provide mentorship to the team where necessary and identify where skillset development is needed
- Build strong internal relationships and bring a sense of camaraderie to the team
- Assist with management of the NA PR budget
- Report results to Head of PR North America
Our Perfect Match:
- 5-7 years of experience in Public Relations, with a proven track record of excellence
- Proven people leadership experience
- Excellent media contacts and network - across different genres
- Experience cultivating successful relationships with traditional and digital media
- Track record of delivering outstanding results that both build brand awareness and directly impact business KPIs
- Strong connection with the Lush brand mission and a champion for our diversity efforts
- Motivating leader who can effectively engage, lead and coach a talented team
- Ability to cultivate successful relationships and networks, both internally and externally
- A creative thinker who will challenge the status quo in the beauty industry
- Media crisis and issues management experience beneficial
- Highly adaptable multi-tasker, detail-oriented self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced environment while still managing multiple priorities
- Flexibility and adaptability, and who’s not-phased easily
- Exceptional writer and verbal communication skills, with experience dealing with senior decision makers
- Passion for the beauty + wellness industry, with an eye on the latest greatest products and trends
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Expected Salary Range: $85,000 - $105,000 USD