Lush is known worldwide for our unique bath and beauty products. We pride ourselves on amazing skin and hair care, personalized customer service, environmental activism and a vibrant store atmosphere. Charitable giving is at the heart of our business, and we believe it's our responsibility to advocate for the environment, animals and people in need. We're passionate about giving back to organizations locally and around the world through programs such as Charity Pot.
The Leasing & Acquisitions Manager - Canada plays an essential role in the management of Lush's Canadian store rental and lease agreements. The ideal candidate will play an integral role on Lush's Real Estate team, managing and negotiating deals on store relocations and expansions. This person is passionate about providing unique customer experience that elevate the brand and excels at interpersonal relationships.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyse and interpret metrics and translate strategy into behaviors which drive sales and improve profit. Our Lush employees live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business.
Your core RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Secure key retail locations across Canada for Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics by acting as the primary contact for leasing questions and concerns
- Manage the broader real estate process from market and site selection through lease negotiations and post-opening lease maintenance (renewals, critical dates, estoppels, etc.) This includes our Retail, Corporate, Manufacturing and Distribution premises
- Support the North American Leasing & Acquisitions Manager on the overall Real Estate portfolio strategy
- Obtain information on potential sites and provide recommendations to the Director of Real Estate
- Develop an annual pipeline of projects including: new locations, relocations, expansions, renewals, refits, refreshes
- Evaluate proposed rent packages to determine whether deals should be concluded.
- Work with landlords and brokers to negotiate the best economic terms possible
- Coordinate schedules with other departments, create and maintain schedule database
- Solve problems/communicate lease language to other departments, such as Payroll, Construction, Design, Retail Support.
- Analyze data such as sales of other tenants, mall size, demographics, etc.
- Analyze data for existing shops, size, sales, etc.
- Determine sales estimates for new shops and profitability.
- Manage a high volume of sites/landlord relationships.
- Work closely with construction/design/finance/Director of Real Estate to ensure on time opening of new shops.
- Work closely with legal council on leases.
- Provide guidance and support to finance and retail operations with respect to lease renewals, store relocations, etc.
- Communicate and negotiate with a network of brokers to cultivate a well-rounded retail portfolio.
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years previous experience in real estate either within the retail industry or with Leasing Brokerage firm
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in area of legal and or lease administration
- Ability to be solution oriented, while supporting Lush values
- Outstanding experience creating and finalizing landlord agreements.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to see the larger global picture and take initiative on projects
- Empathetic and supportive of the team effort
- Experience partnering with Construction and Project Management teams
- Experience working with Lease Management Software
- Experience working with both US and Canadian Landlords/brokers
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.