Lush North America supports 270 retail stores in Canada and the USA, a digital e-commerce business based in Vancouver, and manufacturing centers in Vancouver and Toronto. Lush is passionate about our handmade product, our ethical sourcing of materials, our Charity Pot program and our Employee Volunteer Opportunities. We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our Finance team to support our Vancouver manufacturing operations
The Accountant plays an essential role in growing talent in our business through collaboration and sharing best practices with the Accounting and wider Finance team. You know how to be curious about opportunities and how to be real with feedback and support.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business. You have a passion for what you do and are ready to join a business dedicated not just to technical proficiency but to the practices of fair-trade sourcing, supporting sustainable communities and giving back to grass roots organizations making a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
The Accountant is responsible for key components that feed into the monthly and annual financial statements. They fulfil the various needs of the business and ensure day to day operations and inquiries flow smoothly. This role will ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled and compliance requirements are fulfilled accurately and on time. This role works closely with the entire accounting team focused on serving the different business streams including Digital, Retail, Manufacturing, and Admin/Corporate.
Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, your core RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Support preparation of monthly financial reporting including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and variance analysis
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Assist with vendor and inter-company invoicing and payment matching
- Report monthly financial results to our internal stakeholders
- Liaise with other departments to analyze financial results and forecast future expenditures
- Support various audits (ie. annual financial audit and specific State audits, etc) by preparing supporting documents and coordinating with other departments
- Develop and maintain financial databases
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and solutions to business and financial challenges
- Working with other departments to coordinate the flow of information to and from the finance department
- Assisting with other department needs as it relates to finance
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- Qualified accounting designation CGA, CMA, CA, CPA or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting, 2+ years in industry
- Strong computer skills including Excel
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong work ethic
- Pro-active approach and initiative
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Work effectively in a time pressured environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Experience working in a manufacturing and/or retail environment
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.