The Market Research & Customer Insights Manager is an integral member of the Customer and Market Insights Team at Lush. In this role, you will play an essential role in growing talent across our business through collaboration with the Brand, Retail, Manufacturing, eCommerce and Customer Care teams. You will be responsible for leading a team of researchers to provide actionable insights to the senior leadership team in Brand and other internal stakeholders. You bring a strong aptitude for telling a compelling story through data insights.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business and the insight that your team provides will help identify growth opportunities and inform the business on how to better serve our customers. Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Merchandising & Insights, the Market Research & Customer Insight Manager undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the research process from conceptualization to design, analysis and interpretation of results
- Determine the best approach with regards to data sources and usage, tools for methodology, testing and presentation
- Drive engagement with internal stakeholders to inspire customer centricity, actionability, and problem solving in the organization
- Manage customer feedback to turn that data into actionable insights that help improve the customer experience
- Manage data entry of project costs into our internal costing program based on research target specifications
- Oversee budget and quality assurance throughout project life cycle
- Support and design questionnaires/advise on methodology of collection of data
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and marketplace and consolidate information
- Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of consumers
- Conduct comparative research on competitor strategies through the use of primary and secondary research methods.
- Stay connected to research industry trends, CX trends, developments and technology Recommend best practices to advocate market research with internal stakeholders, KPIs, including knowledge sharing with our internal stakeholders.
Customer Research and Experience Tracking
- Own and manage Customer and Brand Experience Tracking, in addition to Customer insights community capabilities, platform, tools and vendor relationships.
- Act as a strategic partner for Brand, Retail and Digital to deliver customer research, user testing and act as a key partner to ensure we are delivering the right experience to customers.
- Lead the reporting, governance and action planning framework for Lush’s Customer Experience program
Analytics & Reporting
- Interpret data, formulate reports, and make recommendations.
- Translate data into information for stakeholders through impactful storytelling.
- Analyze data to identify deeper consumer insights and opportunities, integrate insights to provide a holistic analysis that tells a story.
- Manage all aspects of delivering research reports to Lush Leadership teams
- Set targets, define goals and KPIs for Organisational activities
- Measure the effectiveness of Brand/marketing activities.
- Support the overall company strategy by providing insights to the business that grow our customer base and deepen the connection with our existing customers.
- Develop and define the short/medium/long term roadmap for research activities and deliverables.
- Oversee the strategic direction, development, and workflow of the direct team of research analysts.
- Support the planning and development of Brand, Digital, Retail strategies as needed.
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years experience in a research and/or analytics related to consumer research with at least 2 years leading a team
- 5+ years experience with problem-solving data / trends and summarizing insights that are easily consumable by a wide range of audiences
- Proven success in conducting qualitative and quantitative research in an agency or client-side environment.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Outstanding attributes in writing and delivering verbal presentations
- 2+ years experience with intermediate Power BI
- Strong ability to work as part of a diverse team, with the supervision of Senior Manager
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid knowledge of research methodologies, curious to learn and experiment
- Familiar with consumer data trends as well as its application to business solutions.
- Proven ability to translate consumer understanding to insight
- Strong acumen in applying research to address business challenges
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Working knowledge of CRM, listening tools, SPSS, SQL, Python and/or R
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.