The Content and Curriculum Specialist plays an essential role in growing talent by developing effective learning solutions and experiences focused on growing talent within Manufacturing and Distribution. They adapt and evolve by assessing business needs, propose solutions, and build learning systems that meet our people and business objectives. As an expert in instructional design, they lead fearlessly by advising and coaching others on how to achieve the highest performance results with relevant and meaningful training.
You hold sacred our Lush culture and values through fearless leadership and owning the experience of every relationship that represents the Lush brand. You’ll work with a collaborative, and cross departmental team that goes above and beyond to support our staff’s learning journey.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyse and interpret metrics, and translate strategy into behaviors that drive sales and improve profit. Our Lush employees live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Manufacturing & Distribution Training Manager, your core RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Develop learning materials by working with subject matter experts in the business to ensure that learners have the right training at the right time in the right format.
- Create, revise, and maintain relevant and inclusive training content portfolios, curriculums, and supporting documents focusing on learning and career paths for all manufacturing and distribution roles
- Provide just-in-time content development that improves team and business performance.
- Help to oversee, participate in, and coach others on the training content development process end to end, from needs analysis through measurement and ensure processes are followed.
- Responsible for utilizing and maintaining the Learning Management System to shape and improve the learning journey for Manufacturing and Distribution employees and for managing enrollment and reporting. Responsible for uploading and updating content, organizing content, and reporting on successes and opportunities
- Stay current of new learning approaches, technology and tools through continuous research and participation the leaning and development industry
- Create and maintain feedback loop to help assess training content for impact and improvement, provide updates and reporting on learning participation and impact as needed by the business.
- Identify resource needs to meet content deadlines and source collaborate with external resources and vendors as needed
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 + years within Training & Development or People & Culture
- Demonstrated Instructional design capability
- Proven ability to design eLearning content using industry leading software
- Demonstrated proficiency in the conceptualization of training programs and their design, execution, and evaluation
- Exhibits strong communication skills (verbal /written) and ability to facilitate strong partnerships with diverse subject matter experts, stakeholders, and business executives
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development
- Excellent application of Instructional design knowledge
- Demonstrates curiosity and continuous improvement with critical thinking, listening, learning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders, gain business acumen, and understand what is needed to drive success in a timely manner
- Project management skills with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to bring DEI lens to all people processes and programs
- Experience with relevant technology: LMS, MS suite, PowerPoint, Instructional Design Software (Articulate, Rise)
- Bachelor’s degree or formal training in a related field
- Previous experience in curriculum development
- Previous experience with the application of the 70-20-10 Model for Learning and Development
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff, and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Note this is a hybrid remote role that requires the successful candidate to be based in Vancouver, BC, or Toronto, ON, with the ability to be on site in our Lush offices and factory from time to time.