The Raw Material Buyer plays an essential role in supporting the manufacturing of Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics. As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business.
You have a passion for what you do and are ready to join a business dedicated not just to excellence but to the practices of fair-trade sourcing, supporting sustainable communities, and giving back to grass roots organizations making a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
As a member of the Ethical Buying team, the Raw Material buyer is responsible for the sourcing and management of Lush’s raw material requirements to achieve business objectives while maintaining Lush’s high ethical standards.
Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Buying Manager, the Raw Material Buyer undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and refine a portfolio of raw material value chains that achieves short, mid and long-term purchasing strategies aligned with business objectives.
- Negotiate excellent terms and pricing across the vendor base.
- Provide information and context to support financial reporting to Lush leadership.
- Manage the complete lifecycle of vendor relationships, from onboarding to offboarding, while maintaining the reputational integrity of Lush.
- Travel to origin and engage with value chain shareholders, conduct social audits, and develop strategies to address opportunities.
- Collaborate with the global raw material team to ensure alignment and optimization of opportunities.
- Identify potential risks to supply and develop mitigation strategies.
- Ensure quality control and material compliance according to NAT and GMP practices in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team.
- Support procurement team members in operational execution of supply programs.
- Support the Lush Investments team in development of sustainable supply chains.
- Collaborate with the Buying team to achieve team objectives.
- Collaborate with the larger Ethics team to achieve ethical objectives.
- Monitor current trends, issues, and innovations in raw material production and sourcing and be Lush’s subject matter expert.
- Build your network and represent Lush in the broader industry.
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years experience in raw material sourcing, supply chain management, and/or procurement
- High interest in the environmental and social issues of material production.
- A commitment to ongoing learning.
- Experience in a seasonal, high pressure production environment.
- A university or college degree or equivalent experience.
- Advanced communication skills, including public presentation.
- A proven team player and contributor to overall team success.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Can travel domestically and internationally.
- Knowledge or expertise in ERP systems: Microsoft AX.
- Knowledge of social audit frameworks (SA8000, ETI Base Code)
- Experience with remote travel.
- Professional experience in diverse cultural contexts.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.