The Business Systems Manager plays an essential role in growing talent in our business through collaboration and sharing best practices with each business stream that it supports daily. You know how to be curious about opportunities and how to be real with feedback and support.
The Manger, Business Systems will lead, mentor, and coach a team of Business Analysts, Solution Architects and Developers involved in the selection/design, development, and deployment of mission critical applications.
You will manage changes to, and the continuity of the systems within your portfolio, and will own the roadmap for ongoing development, updates, and upgrades of the business systems. In addition, you will be the lead key projects & initiatives and task timelines.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business. You are a listener with a structured approach to project planning. You have a passion for what you do and are ready to join a business dedicated not just to technical proficiency but to the practices of fair-trade sourcing, supporting sustainable communities and giving back to grass roots organizations making a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Head of Technology and Innovation the Business Systems Manager undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the full application life cycle: Requirements Gathering, Architecture, Development, User Acceptance, Roll Out, Support.
- Create a technology to business feedback loop with other leaders, helping to make iterative improvements to business processes.
- Manage a 5-person Business Systems team: Responsibilities include interviews, selection, performance management and employee development (i.e., coaching, identifying training needs, etc.).
- Maintain excellent documentation and team processes.
- Drive the prioritization discussions of required functionalities and product features in close alignment with the business colleagues
- Manages third party system integrators
- Collaborate with internal customers, IT colleagues and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, recommend, and implement timely solutions
- Interprets a variety of disparate business needs and potential alternatives, and translates these into clear and comprehensive business requirements that can be used effectively for systems development;
- Communicates rationale behind business objectives and decisions to enhance engagement of stakeholders.
- Reviews business plans, projects, and operational issues with team.
- Ensures that the team can provide appropriate coverage for all core services and that there are no single points of failure.
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-7+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
- 5+ years proven experience in developing and directly supervising a team.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Jira, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to resolve complicated interdepartmental projects and manage stakeholders.
- Proven leadership, diplomatic, and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Excellent knowledge of information technology, general controls, data and cyber security, computer hardware/software systems
- Direct experience with and managing ERP systems
- Able to adjust perspective from the big picture to a fine level of detail as appropriate
- Strong project management experience.
- Experience working in a retail/manufacturing environment Post-secondary education in a relevant field, preferably Business or Computer Science
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.