Lush North America supports over 270 retail stores in Canada and the USA, a digital business based in Vancouver, and manufacturing centres in Vancouver and Toronto. Lush is passionate about our handmade product, our ethical sourcing of materials, our Charity Pot program and our Employee Volunteer Opportunities. We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our People & Culture team.
The People and Culture Manager plays an essential role in growing talent in our business through collaboration with each business stream. You know how to be curious about opportunities and how to be real with feedback and support in each of our people programs. You are passionate about role modelling and upholding ethical values, and ‘making a difference’ is in your DNA.
The P&C Manager is a strategic partner using HR Expertise to enhance the people experience of our Lush corporate teams
As an evolving business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the emerging and changing needs of our business, using analytical and critical thinking skills. Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Senior P&C Manager, your core RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
Training & Development
- Develop and implement people plans and solutions in order to improve engagement and achieve department goals
- Manage, develop and mentor the Training and Development Specialist to best support each of Lush’s corporate business streams
- Create and execute talent development programs in your business area: performance and development, succession planning, work alignment, and other talent development initiatives
- Create and execute learning, development and onboarding programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
Talent Life Cycle Management
- Partner with DEIB team to initiate and contribute to DEIB initiatives focused on all aspects of Lush’s employee life cycle including, talent management, succession planning, internal promotion, and retention strategies
- Lead the promotion of a professional workplace environment which celebrates and enables equal opportunity for learning and development throughout each employee’s journey
- Supports managers to action engagement survey feedback through creative and strategic action planning.
- Partner with the People Experience team to design, develop and execute programs that improve the Lush employee experience
- Advise on people-related activities; manage and resolve performance and employee relations challenges, separations, terminations, investigations and leaves
- Compile- reports for senior leaders and measure success of initiatives
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Support leadership in strategizing the approach to people initiatives, ensuring consistency of performance management practice, documentation and legislative requirements
- Ensure that HR practices are designed in in tandem with the overall Lush business strategy.
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years progressive experience in HR/Training & Development, with a proven emphasis on driving an environment of development and engagement
- CPHR or SPHR and specialized certificates (Strategic HR, Coaching, Change Leadership)
- 3-5 years of HR and people leadership experience with emphasis on Talent Management
- Demonstrated achievements in coaching, influencing and problem solving
- Comprehensive and proven knowledge of learning and development methodologies
- Outstanding ability to build relationships, foster trust and advocate for individuals and ideas
- Proven business acumen expertise with ability to see the bigger business picture and drive company-wide foundational change
- Ability to lead the conversation with a wide-ranging audience across multiple business streams, including senior leadership
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian/US employment-related laws and regulations
- Extensive experience building innovative, forward-thinking, HR and talent strategies that contribute to a strong high performing culture
- Data driven individual who can identify metrics and KPIs to drive decision making
- Both US and Canadian experience with relation to employment standards, labor laws, P&C best practices
- Post-secondary qualification in Human Resources, Adult Education or similar
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.